Australian Enterprise Holding Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (“AEH”) (including AEH Retirement Living) understands and respects the importance of collecting and protecting the privacy of its residents and visitors through information collected from the following sources:
- through its websites www.aehgroup.com.au; www.sugarvalley.com.au, facebook.com/AEHRetirement
- through meetings with any authorised representatives of AEH;
- from contracts or related documents that residents may complete, sign and submit to AEH;
- any forms that the residents may complete, including information regarding their healthcare;
- through any surveys that AEH may conduct from time to time;
- any information AEH may collect through its Active Retirement Program, Health and Wellbeing Program and any other program; and
- any other information collected through liaising with residents and visitors of AEH from time to time.
Information Collection and Use
AEH will collect information from you to provide services in respect to the Retirement Village and Aged Care Living, including but not limited to health care and wellbeing programs. Information collected includes your name, postage address, billing address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, medical history, details of doctors and specialists and payment information such as a credit card numbers.
We require this information to understand the needs of residents and to provide residents and visitors with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- we may use the information to improve our retirement village and the associated services;
- from time to time we may contact you for market research purposes
- collect and store the information on behalf of Tunstall Healthcare; and
- to develop programs for the benefit of the residents wellbeing and health.
AEH promises not to sell, share or provide information provided by residents or visitors to third parties, other than as disclosed in this Policy.
AEH agrees that it will:
- take all action reasonably necessary to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information;
- not disclose your personal information to any person except as permitted under this Policy; and
- use or reproduce your personal information only for the purposes of its terms and conditions.
Sharing of information – permitted disclosures
AEH may employ third party companies to perform functions on its behalf. These functions may include marketing assistance, postal and e-mail delivery, customer service, data analysis, and credit processing. The third parties AEH contract for these purposes have limited access to your personal information and will not use it for other purposes.
AEH may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where required to be disclosed by law
- you have given consent to disclosure or use; or
- as permitted by any other provision of this Policy or AEH’s terms and conditions.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form in hard copy or on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you wish to stop receiving our special offers, newsletters, promotional materials and related news, please email us at email@example.com with such instructions and AEH will cease communication with you in respect to the above mentioned methods of communication.
If you believe that any information AEH is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email AEH as soon as possible, at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
AEH will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information that it collects or uses will be accurate and current.
AEH is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
AEH will not be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information, including but not limited to acts of war, acts of God, electronic viruses and the like.
Obligation to maintain system integrity
- You must not, by the use of any device, software, action or instruction, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the AEH website.
- You must be open and honest in all your communications with AEH.
- You must comply with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures in relation to the information you provide to AEH.
- You must not provide any information which is:
- false or misleading;
- does not infringe any other person’s rights or privacy;
- is not contrary to any applicable law or industry code of practice;
- is not defamatory, threatening or harassing; or
- does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming instructions that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information of AEH.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
AEH use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps AEH analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to residents and visitors needs. AEH only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies helps AEH provide you with a better website, by enabling AEH to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives AEH access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The AEH website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that AEH are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. AEH encourages its residents and visitors to be aware when they leave the AEH website and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes
If at any point AEH decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, AEH will notify residents via e-mail, or it no e-mail address is recorded, then by post. Residents can choose to allow or decline AEH to use their information in such a manner. A Resident has up to seven (7) days to accept or decline the different use of the personal information, otherwise it will constitute deemed acceptance of the different use.
If you no longer receive information from AEH you can continue to view any policy changes at the AEH website.
Complaints / Queries