The Active Retirement Programme is an integral part of AEH Retirement Living’s “service integrated housing” model, which it adopts for all of its retirement villages. In choosing this model, we believe that it is not just the roof over your head that matters. We believe healthy, active retirement – or having a good life in older age – is one in which people:
- have access to adequate information, resources and services for their health and wellbeing;
- are active, independent citizens who are able to control and manage their own lives;
- continue to make choices and adapt to personal circumstances; and
- participate as full members of the community.
The primary purpose of our Active Retirement Programme is to support your choice of living in your own home and to enable you to continue doing so for as long as possible. Our programme aims to build on your strengths and goals and what you are presently able to do and what you would like to keep doing in the future. We aim to fit in with your lifestyle, not the other way round.
In moving to one of our retirement villages, you have chosen the best of both worlds – you have made the choice to live independently, in a community environment. “Living independently” means different things to different people and we understand that everyone has different health and wellbeing needs.
Our programme aims to:
- provide a flexible, responsive, personal approach that offers you more choice and control about what services you receive, how, when and where they are delivered;
- help foster and facilitate your connections to the village community, your neighbourhood and your other social and organised networks, as it suits you; and
- adapt the level of assistance that we provide as your needs change in order that you receive the services you require in your particular circumstances.
In other words, it is up to you to choose how our programme can assist you.